Saturday, January 26, 2008

I can tell from the "backend" reports on our website that someone out there has been searching for the lyrics to the song "McCann" -- written about the Irish writer and awesome human Colum McCann, whom I met while he was a professor at the European Graduate School in Saas-Fee, Switzerland, where I'm pursuing my PhD.

I'm guessing this may have to do with the fact that Evangina just started playing this song out and about town this fair 2008. Though written long ago, for whatever reason the Evangenitals never picked this tune up and ran with it. It is, however, just folksy and forlorn enough for Evangina to let it emanate from our lovesick breasts, so we have been doing so -- from Mr T's Bowl to the Hyperion Tavern. (So, Silverlake, if you've been smelling some melancholy and Irish jigs in the air lately, maybe it's the spirit of McCann seeping into the groundwater.)

Always quick to respond to public demands, I have gone ahead and posted the lyrics for the McCann song. You can find them here: "McCann, McCann..."

Love,
Juli

No comments: