Friday, July 28, 2006

Hello All.

This may seem like commandeering the Evangenitals' blog for strange other purposes, but if you live in Los Angeles and want to have your arty roots shaken like a fruit tree till the ripe sweetness falls off and deodarizes the globe, you'll thank me for telling you about this.

I am Juli Crockett. I am the lead singer of the Evangenitals. However, I am also a writer and director of experimental theater, and I have made an Opera.
http://redcat.org/season/0506/com/now3.php

My friend Jeremy Zuckerman, who also happens to compose for the awesome show Avatar: The Last Airbender on Nickelodeon, composed this piece with me.

Lisa Dee of the Evangenitals is featured in the piece, acting and singing. And Jeff Jones and myself play in the 10 piece musical ensemble which includes violins, a harp, contrabass, pedal steel, and a bulgarian folk singer, among other things. With all those Genitals in the mix, it pretty much merits as Evangenital news, I say!

The piece is called "Orpheus Crawling" and it is my child-like, half-crazed, totally-delightful, slightly-disturbing, philosophically-rooted riff on the myth of Orpheus and Eurydice. It is an Opera. I guarantee you have never seen anything like it. I know this because Jeremy and I made it up. From start to finish.

It is playing at the REDCAT Theater in Los Angeles, closing out the NOW Fest (new original works) in that freaking metal Gehry building downtown. It runs from August 3rd-5th. Bring the kids. What doesn't kill them will make them stronger.

You can buy a ticket here: www.redcat.org

It is expected to sell out, so please really do go and buy a ticket.

For directions, more information about the show, ticket, pictures, etc. Go to the REDCAT site, here:
http://redcat.org/season/0506/com/now3.php

Thank you for supporting the arts in Lost Angeles.

Love,
Juli

No comments: